flower power and acid dyes

I continue to experiment with making dyes from flowers and plants. Sometimes I do a direct print from the flowers right onto the fabric and other times I extract color from the vegetation to use in a dyepot. Today I am dyeing an alpaca piece with the latter and so far I’m liking what I see. I used goldenrod, hibiscus and ash bark. I’m not boiling, keeping it below and simmer for about 30 minutes and now cooling. I soaked the alpaca in water and vinegar for about 2 hours before dyeing.

pot

But I still love acid dyes. Here’s an arashi on charmeuse I started last year and finished this morning with a bit of chestnut-img_5706Sorry about the dates- my camera’s off a month.

Have a wonderful, creative day!

xoxo, Marjie

About Marjorie

I dye, print and sell my work here: www.printanddyeworkshop.com printanddyeworkshop.etsy.com
This entry was posted in arashi shibori, dyeing silk with flowers and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to flower power and acid dyes

  1. Marilynn says:

    pretty, pretty and pretty ! ! !

  2. 1marylou says:

    Beautiful!

  3. vernon bowen says:

    Beautiful!

Love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s