I was so happy this morning because i remembered that I had a present to unwrap from last night. I went downstairs after two cups of very strong coffee to see what happened. Here it is unwrapped and unfolded. It’s pretty pre-tty. It is wet though and I haven’t washed out with Synthrapol so I’m pretty sure it will still be very light when dry.
but as you can see no visible exclamation of turquoise. It occured to me that I could keep going with this -boysenberry! So I folded it all up again, tried to keep it straight but otherwise random, this time into a square. Then I found two perfectly good tiles that were the perfectly good size. I bound it all up again. I poured the boysenberry in. I used about a Tablespoon mixed into about 2 ounces of water. I stirred really well and let it sit for a few minutes and then stirred it again. It takes a while for the reds to dissolve. Boysenberry is my favorite red. You can get it from Pro Chemical and Dye in Fall River, MA.
See a little movie here
I gotta go run down and put in the soda ash- 1/8 cup dissolved in about 2 cups of water.- See You Later!
Well…this’ll be fun to see what you get! :O)
WOW!!! Loving this!
I have tried plant dye with yarn many years ago but I must say that your results make me want to try again. Very lovely colours.
I am so glad to hear you say that! It is the best when I have inspired someone else to dye fabric! I hope you do try again and post your results. I would love to see what you come up with.
Boysenberry is certainly hard to dissolve but is a great color.
Yes I often get the little red dye dots! Oh well I guess I could strain it but I am much too lazy for that! And anyway I have no idea where I put the cheesecloth. lol